1/14/15

Senior Trip Day 2

I may have to start retitling these or do daily updates on a once-a-weak post. We'll see if I keep up with the updates, I'm optimistic.

Today, we'll call "The Tin Man"
Does everything run on oil? Even our bodies? I'm beginning to think so.  With all the hub-a-ba-loo on the internet and "essential oil" companies popping up like flies and claiming to heal everything from cold sores to cancer,  you can bet I was skeptical today, as I sat through a "Young Living" presentation.

True Confessions ~ I'm actually a "Young Living" distributor, have been for quite some time.  I also watch "The Bachelor" so do with it what you will.

But today something clicked with me and "oils"  I connected the dots.  Whether it's EVOO {extra virgin olive oil for you newbies} or a drop of peppermint in you tea, our bodies need oil to function.

Fun facts: Well, two fun facts, and one serious fact.

I am related to the gentleman who started, Lehman's Peppermints.  We used to have a tiny jar of peppermint oil, which sat inside our spice cabinet. Every once in a while, we'd dip a toothpick in the jar and then float it in hot water for a peppermint tea treat.

There's a plant/oil called Melissa.

When I worked for Weight Watchers, we had a Dr. come to one of our conventions and beg us not to teach cutting the good "fats" out of our diets.  It was the 90's and EVERYONE was buying and eating {and hating} everything from fat-free sour cream to fat-free cheese and crackers.

Oil for your engine, it makes sense. No worries, I won't go fanatic on you, and I will most definitely never give medical advice, but I'm gonna give it a go, mainly peppermint, lemon, and frankincense.  {It's mentioned over 70 times in the bible} If I update daily here, I'm going to need to store up some post material, so frankincense musings will be another blog post.

While I'm going with true confessions, I also want to let you know, I'm on a healthy eating kick. My daughter's inducted me into a new club called "100 Days Of Real Food"* Ok, so there's that.

Verse of the Day: "Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky." Philippians 4:14 & 15 

Motto of the Day: Still on the "no complaining" kick. Did you listen to yourself yesterday?

Oil of the Day: Just kidding.

*Dinner on Day Two:

Grilled Turkey Burgers
1 lb of ground turkey breast
1 handful of spinach, finely chopped
2 T parsley, minced
 ... sorry no sage or thyme {insert musical notes)

1T rosemary, minced
1 t. sea salt
1 t. pepper
Grill in 1 T EVOO

Lemony Broccoli
Saute Broccoli until soft in 1-2 T EVOO
1 small chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic
Squeeze 1/2 lemon over before serving.

I'm also reading the book Trim Healthy Mama {I can hardly stand to type that title, but it is a brilliant read} so no potatoes for me, the Mr. had some potato salad with his meal, compliments of his mother-in-law.

Photo of the Day: I will try to be more creative with the photos, but for a couple of days, pacify me.


Clickin' my red shoes together and can't even believe I'm calling this home for the time being!

No comments: